Duke Dumont first came to our attention way back in 2007 (yes that year again) with his Regality EP on Turbo Recordings. Regality was a three track EP but it was two tracks in particular ‘Lean & Bounce‘ and ‘When I Hear Music‘ that propelled Duke Dumont into the limelight and perhaps un-wittingly a standard bearer alongside the likes of Sinden, Crookers, Herve et al for the emerging Fidget sound. Since then the Duke Dumont sound has been somewhat less prolific and on occasion overly eclectic which might explain why we haven’t heard as much from him in recent times.
Anyway he’s back and he’s latest mixtape demonstrates that 2007 was no fluke with a smoothly crafted mix that perfectly balances eclectic charm with dancefloor focus as it ebs and flows between Main Room killer and Room 2 something different. In particular check his superb remix of ‘Yes Wizard’
‘The Dawn Is Your Enemy’ mix was released a few weeks ago via the Duke’s Soundcloud account and now we have been asked to host it as part of our WeAreBlahBlahBlah series. Enjoy.
To Download click the following link (WeAreBlahBlahBLah EP35)
01. Duke Dumont – The Static From My Record Player
02. Caribou – Odessa (David Wrench’s Drumapella)
03. Yes Wizard – Elephant & Castle (Duke Dumont Remix)
04. Bob Holroyd- African Drug (Four Tet Remix)
05. Movementz- 29 Calls
06. Ark & Dolibox- Cidre Vicious
07. St Plomb – Precious Soul (Jackmate Nds Boogie Mix)
08. Chateau Flight- Chichi Devils
09. Melon- I Zebra
10. Dj Koze- Mrs Bojangels
11. Bibio- Mind Bokeh
12. DJ Ringardos- Was Better In 88