One of our next guests at Blah Blah Blah Riva Starr has exclusively got behind the decks and put together a bouncing floor wrecking tech house mix which combines a mix of beeps and burping synth lines with a tribal techno flavour to create a Miami tinged mix that evokes distant visions of the summer sun…..in a good way.
Riva Starr first came to notice on Jesse Rose’s ubercool Frontroom label with the Thizzle EP, which led to a release on Claude Von Stroke’s pivotal Dirtybird label with the WTF?! EP – described by IDJ as “essential – 5/5”. Then there were two releases in quick succession on Southern Fried – a remix of Armand van Helden’s smash J’Taime, and his own EP, Scratch’n’Itch, which had rave reviews from a stupidly wide variety of DJs. He soon followed this up with the fantastic Conga and War Drums EP’s and the brilliantly rave led I jack U.
[Mixtape No Longer Available]
Riva Starr can be seen at Blah Blah Blah April 9th.
1. Renaissance Man – Spraycan (Dubsided)
2. Simon Baker & Jamie Jones – Kaszaki (Get Physical)
3. Solo – Congoloid (Dirtybird)
4. David Keno – Discoteca (Kindisch)
5. Heinrichs & Hirtenfellner – Tromp It
6. Unknown – test pressing
7. Don Diablo – DiscoDiscoDisco (Riva Starr rmx)
8. Malente – I like it (Riva Starr rmx) (Fool’s Gold)
9. Popof – Face’s uch
10. Kc Flight Voices (Riva Starr rmx) HOOJ
11. Jesse Rose – Never Ending (Dubsided)
Watch out for more mixes on the WeAreBlahBlahBlah series