The latest edition of our WeAreBBB mix series has arrived. This episode is from fellow Brightonian Maxxi Soundsystem. This guy has been turning out some mighty fine dance music of late. Blending the more refined sides of house and disco together to get chugging Chicago flavoured tracks reminiscent of the 80s, yet still fresh, exciting and new. For those who havent come across Maxxi Soundsystem previously you should check the Criticize single which Annie Mac featured on her Radio 1 show earlier this year.
This mix showcases his sound perfectly. Deep basslines, chattering retro hats, claps and toms and smooth vocal chops. This’ll work at the last barbecue of the summer or after the last drink of a late night.
To Download click the following link WeAreBBB EP36 Mixed Maxxi Soundsystem
01. Adana Twins – Juicy Fruit
02. Maxxi Soundsystem & DRW – Open Your Eyes
03. Lazaro Casanova – I Got This Feeling
04. Waifs & Strays – Be Patient
05. Mario Basanov – We Are Child Of Love
06. Deepgroove & Thieve – Kings + Queens
07. Michael McLardy – Deep Nothing (Lazaro Casanova Miami Vice Mix)
08. MANIK – Right Now
09. Miguel Campbell – Something Special
10. 11:11 – Tourist Trap (Jamie Jones Mix)
11. Rockers Revenge – Walking On Sunshine (Maxxi Soundsystem Remix)
12. Solomun – See You Everyday Alone
13. Bonar Bradberry – Lip Therapy (Maxxi Soundsystem YehYeh Mix)
14. Richy Ahmed vs Volante – Kitchens & Bedrooms
15. Dances With White Girls – Bout Da House (Danny Daze Pool Party Mix)
16. Foster The People – Pumped Up Kicks (Soul Clap Mix)
Electronic Artist of the Week #1 – Maxxi Soundsystem.