Tech giant Ableton have just released Beat Tools, a comprehensive Drum and Instrument rack for Ableton Live. The idea behind this package is that it is a one stop shop for all your creative music production needs. In their own words…
“…Drum Racks are packed with percussive hits, bass and melodic samples so you can work on tight-knit ideas for groove and melody together. More than 100 Instrument Racks offer a huge sound palette to create a range of moods – from weighty bass and smooth electric pianos, to icy pads and sharp leads. Plus there are 182 audio loops for chopping up and creating new grooves and melodies, as well as almost 100 MIDI clips for reworking into your own beats, and showing you what the kits can do.”
Overall Beat Tools looks like a great addition to your Ableton libray of sounds, particularly if you own the Push controller. We at BBB recently purchased the Push 2 and this pack looks like an ideal tool to inspire new ideas, whilst learning in greater depth the possibilities of the Push as a source of inspiration. We’ll let you know how we get on.
In the mean time watch the promo video below to get a flavour of what is potentially possible with this new Ableton Live pack.
Ableton – Beat Tools
Beat Tools pack Contents
- 102 Instrument Racks – including bass, keys, leads, pads and effects, designed for Live’s native synths or multisampled from analog gear
- 27 Drum Racks – from crisp drum machine rhythms to lo-fi samples, with tweakable Effect Racks
- 97 MIDI clips & 182 audio loops – premade kit patterns and audio loops and phrases to slice, rework and spark ideas of your own
- 15 Effect Racks – creative chains set up for using the eight Macro controls to maximum effect.
- 5 demo sets – Live sets that showcase some the Pack’s creative potential
- Samples provided by MVP Loops and MSX Audio
Related Music Production Posts
Thanks to SOS for the heads up.